Monday, April 13, 2009

Something Close to Failure


The one thing that I DO NOT WANT TO DO is disappoint my parents. They've worked so hard to get where they're at and for me to fail would be the worst.


It all started when I realized that I did not want to major in biology anymore. My parents had always wanted me to make something of myself in the medical field and I wanted to as well. My dream was to become an anesthesiologist. I became interested in that profession after talking to a couple of anesthesiologists at one of my aunt's dinner parties. I was just so amazed at how they actually had control over someone's life.


This interest also made me feel like I had to apply into a really great school that has a really high percentage of their undergraduates going to medical schools. This search lead me to Baylor Univeristy, Rice University, St. Edward's University, and Trinity. I chose Trinity because I really enjoyed the size of the campus and student to professor ratios.


When I got in, I really wanted to enroll in as much biology classes that I was able to take for my future plans. For my first semester, I enrolled into bio I. I had a so-so time in bio I. I didn't feel like anything hooked me into loving the subject.


This semester, I enrolled into bio II and am actually hating it. My first test in bio II was... horrible. I didn't get what I did wrong. =/. I called my father up really upset and all he told me was "Do what you feel is right." This killed me... I don't know why. My father was giving me a very oportunistic road that I was not taking advantage of.


I'm still deciding whether or not I still have enough passion to continue my education in the subject of biology.


No comments:

Post a Comment