Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Identity


My first semester at Trinity University has been interesting. I really enjoyed the company of all my hallmates and suitemates, but I couldn't find any enjoyment within myself. (It was probably due to my medication...) Anyway...I found myself pretty depressed at times. I never really spoke to anyone about my feelings because I really didn't feel comfortable with my surroundings. Weird... I know... I had no reason to feel depressed though. I had everything going for me and had great family and friends all around me. I guess I just didn't know what I wanted to do with myself.

Throughout middle school and high school, I felt like I knew who I was. I was in the so-called "popular" crowd and was someone who people looked up to. I never hung out with a single group of people. I enjoyed befriending different crowds, always curious at how they viewed things. I learned a lot from having such a diverse group of friends. When I tried out for cheerleading my freshmen year in high school, I knew that I had found me "calling." I loved the discipline and respect that my team had towards one another. I lived, breathed, and slept cheerleading. I was a natural at it. My felxibility, agility, strength, and motivation helped me become one of the core members on our high school team and competition team. I loved every moment of it.

Now that I'm in a new environment, I get confused at times about what my purpose is. I don't enjoy life as much. I feel like I'm couped up all the time even though I get off campus every chance that I get. It's really weird though... I chose Trinity because I REALLY wanted a small university where I could get more one-on-one time with my professors. I don't know what's wrong with me. I really hope that I find myself at Trinity.

1 comment:

  1. It is not a trash messege, I found the blog by myself cuz I dont know how to use that kind of trash tool, so plz do do me a favor. Thanks a lot!
    By the way, hope you'll have a greater time during the rest of the days of this semester.

    Hello there, I'm from Taiwan, Republic of China. Could you please do me a favor?

    I'm a student from Taiwan.

    I'm doing a thesis about international traveler's thought about Taiwan.
    The aim target is Japanese.
    Could you please help me to fill out the questionary on the website:
    http://www.my3q.com/home2/266/maryflower/95187.phtml

    Thanks a lot. : )

    By the way, Betty is my sister.

    ReplyDelete